Friday, September 23, 2011

How's Your News?

"How's Your News" was a show that aired on MTV a couple of years ago. It was a documentary style news show hosted by people with disabilities which showed them interviewing various celebrities and politicians. If you haven't seen it before, you can find some of the episodes here. I honestly smiled my way though each episode. One of my favorite reporters was Jeremy Vest. Jeremy seemed like the most genuine person I had ever seen who was always both honest and sincere. Recently, the How's Your News team posted an article about him on facebook and I quickly followed the link to read it. The article was written by Jeremy's father who described Jeremy exactly as I had seen him on the show. One line that stood out to me was when he was describing his sons diagnosis - he said, " Jeremy has Williams Syndrome which causes some cognitive difficulties, but at the same time imbues him with some splendid qualities and enormous talent." I just loved that description and think it applies to so many with special needs.
Happy Weekend!

No comments: